Department of Physics
Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
Chair: Prof. Doron Cohen
Chair Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Email: email@example.com
Office Phone: +972-8-6461567
Office Fax: +972-8-6472904
Site Map: Wiki
- Open tenure-track positions
- BSc/MSc/PhD contact info - יצירת קשר עם המחלקה - עבור מועמדים, סטודנטים, ותלמידי מחקר
- Proposed projects (BSc / MSc / PhD)
- Forum for general (non-personal) inquiries
- Departamental committees - ועדות המחלקה
- Administration and technical support
Map and directions
The physics department dwells in building number 54. You see it as you come out of the Mexico bridge from the train station. The eastern wing of the building if for research and administration, while the western wing is the Ramon educational center. The physics administration office is located in room 114, in the first floor of the research and administration wing.
About / Credits
- Overall responsibility: Prof. Doron Cohen
- Homepage gates: Dr. Yevgeny Bar Lev
- Course site: Ira Wolfson and teaching assistants
- Homepages of individuals are their personal responsibility.
The BGU Physics Department Homepage has been arranged in 2001, and maintained since then, by Doron Cohen. Major components are the departmental Wiki site and highlight pages; the seminar announcement and message board utilities; and misc physics-server based services. Crucial contributions are by Alexander Stotland (exercises pool 2006), Assaf Kletter (highlights 2007), Netzach Farbiash (logo and images 2007), Reuben Thieberger (history of the department 2010), Ben Yellin (renovation of the Course site and the Exercises pool 2011; Submission site 2012; People database 2014; The BigScreenSlides interface 2015), and Ira Wolfson (major renovation of the Course site 2016; renovation of the Spotlights/Slides interface 2017). The Shnaton PHP infrastructure has been constructed by Doron Cohen (2004-2013), with original HTML design by Tanya Kogan (2004), and current CSS design by Michael Gedalin (2014). Revised gates are maintained by Yevgeny Bar Lev (2019).