The Physics Department conducts experimental and theoretical research programs in many cutting edge areas of current interest.
The theoretical physics activity covers:
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
- High energy physics and Quantum gravity
- Condensed matter and Statistical mechanics
- Nonlinear dynamics
The experimental physics activity covers:
- Condensed matter and Surface physics
- Lasers, Quantum optics and Cold atoms
- Bio-Physics and Medical physics
- High energy and Nuclear physics
There are currently 21 senior staff members aided by emeriti, research fellow, postdocs and research students. Most of the adjunct members are affiliated with the Department of Energy and Environmental Physics situated in the Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research at the Sede Boker campus.
We offer BSc, MSc and PhD programs for Physics, and there are also combined tracks with other departments. Additionally the department is responsible for the teaching of Physics to the other units of the university, and involved in the activity of the Ilan Ramon youth physics center