Academic requirements for Master of Science in Physics 2022-2023
Enrollment to obligatory courses, seminars and colloquium for the total of at least 5.5 credit points, according to the relevant courses catalog.
Enrollment to "Academic Teaching Workshop" for students who are going to be assistants or lab instructors.
Enrollment to the online course on "Prevention of Sexual Harassment" 900.5.5001.
Enrollment to the appropriate "Safety instruction session" according to announcements from the faculty.
- By February 29th 2024 for studets who enrolled on semester A.
- By August 31st 2024 for students who enrolled on semester B.
In the general physics track the compulsary courses "Advanced Statistical Mechanics" 203.2.4171 and "Advanced Quantum Mechanics 1" 203.2.4121 must be completed during the first year.
In the Biophysics track the compulsary courses "Advanced Statistical Mechanics" 203.2.4171 must be completed during the first year and "Soft Matter Physics" 203.2.5121 must be completed in the first chance the course is open.
Enrollment to courses and seminars for the total of at least 5.5 credit points following the recommendation of the adviser and according to the relevant courses catalog.
Enrollment to the course "Final research work", in an extent that allows at least half of the credit points of the degree completed by the year's end (according the relevant courses catalog).
- By August 31st 2024 for studets who enrolled on semester A.
- By February 28th 2025 for students who enrolled on semester B.
Uploading the research proposal to the physics department website (instructions).
Third and fourth semesters
Enrollment to the rest of the courses and seminars according to the relevant courses catalog.
Enrollment to the course "Summarizing seminar", and asking for a seminar slot in the relevant department seminar.
Before the end of fourth semester (February 28th or August 31st, according to your start date), submission of your research thesis to the department (instructions)
Uploading the research thesis to the physics department website (instructions).
- Fellows - getting a fellowship at the second year of studies requires following the guidlines of the departments and the faculty, having a grades average of at least 85 at the end of the first year and completing half of the credit points of the degree (according to the relevant courses catalog).
- Enrolment to a total of 3 seminars, with different course numbers each, according to your track; and attend an additional 3 colloquium under the course number 203.2.6666.
- Requests to enrollment to courses outside the department or the faculty should be sent ahead of time accompanied with a justification letter from the adviser to the contacts listed below.
- The students hold sole responsibility of fulfilling the requirements of the degree.
- Justified requests for postponement of adviser and or topic selection should be sent to the administrative manager and the student's coordinator.
- For requests to extend the deadline of thesis submission please contact the administrative manager and the student's coordinator.
- Requests to extend the duration of studies should be submitted at the faculty website.
- The checklist was made for your convenience but your relevant courses catalog is what determines your requirments.
- For requests about fellowships or teaching assistant or lab instructor assignment please contact the administrative manager.
- For requests about enrollement, credit points or finilazing your degree please contact the student's coordinator.
- Please do NOT contact the head of the MSc teaching committee directly. First contact the administrative manager and the student's coordinator
Updated on yesterday
Updated by Yanson, Anna (annayan)
Created on May 17, 2022
Created by Bar Lev, Yevgeny (ybarlev)