Guendelman Eduardo 972-7-6472508 < email@example.com >
Curriculum Vitae and List of Publications
1. Personal Details:
Full Name: Eduardo Leon Guendelman Israel
Date and Place of Birth: Born April 22, 1955 in Santiago, Chile.
Date of Immigration: June, 1985.
Address and Telephone number at Work: Department of Physics, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, room 212/3, building C-21, telephone extension 2508.
Address and Telephone number at Home: Ehud Ben Gera 42, Beer Sheva, Telephone 6430649.
B.S. (1974-1979) from the Physics Department, Universidad de Chile.
M.S. (1979-1980) in Physics from the Physics Department, Universidad de Chile. Title of Thesis: "Gauge invariance and Mass without Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking" (published in Phys. Rev. Lett.). Name of Advisor: Patricio Cordero.
Ph.D. in particle physics (1980-1985) from M.I.T. Title of Thesis: "Space-time structure and Vacuum Structure in Quantum Field Theories". (published in a series of articles in Phys. Rev.D. and in Phys. Lett. B). Name of Advisor: Alan H. Guth.
3. Employment History:
Since April 1, 1998 until now, Associate Professor.in the Department of Physics of Ben Gurion University. Functions: Teaching and Research.
From October 1, 1991 until April 1, 1998, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Physics of Ben Gurion University. Functions: Teaching and Research.
From October 9, 1990 until October 1, 1991, visiting senior scientist at the Department of Nuclear Physics of the Weizmann Institute of Science. Functions: Research.
From November, 1990 until July 1, 1991 (i.e. simultaneously with my job at the Weizmann Institute), Outside Lecturer, Department of Physics of Ben Gurion University. Functions: Teaching.
From September 26, 1988 until October 1, 1990, post doctoral fellow at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Functions: Research.
From June 1985 until September 26, 1988, post doctoral fellow at the Physics Department of Ben Gurion University. Functions: Teaching and Research.
During my studies at M.I.T. I held a teaching assistantship except for the last year, where I was awarded a research assistanship.
During my studies at the Universidad de Chile I had a teaching assistanship and also taugh one course.
4. Professional Activities:
Awards, Honors and Research Fellowships: Obtained the second price in the 1989 Gravity Research Foundation Essays Competition. Since October 1991 until October 1994, I was supported through an Allon fellowship. During the period from October 1995 until October 1996 my research has received support from the Ministry of Science and Technology awarded to the proposal (together with Alexander Kaganovich) entitled " Towards the solution of some fundamental problems concerning the very early Universe" . In addition to this the gravity research foundation has cited with honorable mention papers of mine on the years 1986 (a paper with A.Davidson),1987 (a paper with D.Owen), 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 and in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 (papers with A.Kaganovich).
Organization of Scientific Conferences: I organized the workshop on "Modern Modified Theories of Gravitation and Cosmology", which took place in Ben Gurion University from June 29 and 30, 1997.
1. E.I.Guendelman and A.B.Kaganovich, " Gravitational Theory without the cosmological constant problem", Phys.Rev. D55, 5970 (1997).
2. E.I.Guendelman and A.B.Kaganovich, Gravitational theory without the cosmological constant problem, symmetries of space-filling branes and higher dimensions, Physical Review D56, 3548 (1997).
3. E.I.Guendelman, "Magnetic Condensation, Non Trivial Gauge Dynamics and Confinement in a 6-D Model", Phys. Lett. 412B, 42 (1997).
4. E.I.Guendelman and A. Nudelman, "On some local properties of the Yang Mills Vacuum", Int. Journ. Mod. Phys.A13, 1995 (1998).
5. E.I.Guendelman and A.B.Kaganovich, "Gravity, Cosmology and Particle Physics in a theory without the cosmological constant problem", Modern Physics Letters A13, 1583 (1998).
6. E.I.Guendelman and A.B.Kaganovich, "From inflation to a zero cosmological constant phase without fine tuning", Phys. Rev. D57, 7200 (1998).