Selected topics in Quantum
and Statistical Mechanics
This site and its Pool have been created and maintained by the lecturer. People from other
universities can use. In such case it would be nice to acknowledge.
- course number 203-2-5131
- 3 hours, 3.0 points
- Policy (including guidelines for submissions)
- EPR paradox and Bell inequalities
- The probability matrix
- Wigner function
- Quantum measurements I
- Quantum measurements II
- Entanglement and entropy
- Quantum Computation I
- Quantum Computation II
- The foundations of statistical mechanics
Previous years submissions:
- Analysis of prototype model systems.
- Quantum chaos and Random matrix theory.
- Linear response theory, the Kubo formula.
- Adiabatic processes, Berry phase, Quantum transport.
- Born-Oppenheimer picture.
- Master equations.
- Dissipation and decoherence.
- The Feynman-Vernon formalism.
Lectures Notes in Quantum Mechanics
Lectures Notes in Statistical Mechanics and Mesoscopics
Recorded Lectures: Click here
L.E.Ballentine, Quantum Mechanics (library code: QC 174.12.B35)
M.A. Nielsen and I.L.Chuang, Quantum Computation (library code: QA 76.889.N54)