BGU Physics Department
Physics 2 for Physicists
course number 203-1-2371
(5.0 points, 6 hours)
A recorded course can be found at BGU Academic Video Services
- Vector analysis.
- electric field (including Coulomb law, Gauss law, and first
- Electric potential (including Laplace and Poisson equations,
- Conductors (including capacity and capacitors).
- Electric current (including Ohm's law, direct current circuits,
- Magnetic field I (including special relativity connections,
Lorenz force, Ampere force, magnetic moment).
- Magnetic field II (including vector potential, Bio-Savard's law,
Ampere's law, absence of magnetic charge, second Maxwell equation,
truncated third Maxwell equation, gauge, field of magnetic moment,
- Electromagnetic induction (including fourth Maxwell equation,
Lenz law, inductance, AC current circuits).
- Maxwell equations and electromagnetic waves.
- (Optional) Electric and magnetic properties of materials
- Electricity and magnetism, by E.M. Purcell, Berkeley physics
course. New York : McGraw-Hill, 1965-71.
- Physics, by M. Alonso, E. J. Finn, Addison Wesley (May 31,