Astronomy II - BGU Physics Department
BGU Physics Department
(2.5 points, 3 hours)
- Astrophysical hydrodynamics: equilibria of self-gravitating masses; fluid instabilities in stars and in the interstellar medium; astrophysical outflows; accretion; shock waves and supernovae
- Radiation processes: emission, absorption, scattering
- Heat transfer in stellar interiors
- Stellar spectra
- Physical processes in the interstellar medium
- Nuclear astrophysics: sources of stellar energy and origin of chemical elements
- Optional: cosmic rays and particle acceleration; sources of nonthermal radiation
- R.L.Bowers, T.Deeming, "Astrophysics", v. 1, 2
- M.Harwit, "Astrophysical Concepts"
- D.Maoz, "Astrophysics in a Nutshell"
Apache/2.2.15 (Scientific Linux) Server at physics.bgu.ac.il Port 80